Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Homework!

The homework over break will be to focus on your city for the virtual journey.  Simply find 5 to 10 facts to share with the class about your location.  Some kids have created Power Points for their city and others have made posters or city signs.  Whatever your child brings in will be great, I have been doing this for 15 years and we always make it work and it is fun.  I am up front with the kids the whole time and we simply have a spirited conversation about their town.  

Be creative and have fun!!  Kids have given quizzes or brought in food from the region before.  Like I said if you ask I will probably say GO FOR IT!!  It can be simple or elaborate I make either a celebration of learning.  

I have the itinerary on the back of this sheet.  I am thinking about changing the presentation time to 2 o’clock because of our schedule but we will have to see how that works out; as of right now it is still 3:15 on presentation days.  Again, have fun with this!!