Friday, January 23, 2009

Glacier National Park, MT





This is an amazing place!! Talk about beauty and wonder!! It has been a while since I have been here and I am glad to be back!!

We are going to ride our bikes up "Going to the Sun Road." It should be tough!!

Glacier National Park is dominated by mountains which were carved into their present shapes by the huge glaciers of the last ice age. Evidence of widespread glacial action is found throughout the park in the form of U-shaped valleys, glacial cirques,arĂȘtes and large outflow lakes radiating like fingers from the base of the highest peaks.

We had s'mores at the campfire!!

Journal Entry:
Today I went to the visitors center. I watched a movie of the formation of a glacier with time accelerated where 1 year equals 1 minute. Then I watched a movie about of the glacier with time accelerated where 1 year equals 1 minute.

(20)

Today Mike came to our class he lives in Glacier National Park, Montana. It was very interesting. He talked about "Weeping Wall Road" and snow caps. It was so cool it makes me want to live there.

(14)

On Saturday Barb and I were at the campsite and we saw Mr. E. At night 2EE and I were making s'mores. It was freezing and Barb and I wanted to be in the same tent.

(23)

Today we met a guy named Mike. He was a very cool guy. I had to go to the bakery. I met him down the street. He looked just like me. He helped me find the bakery.

(25)