Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Missoula, MT





We met Steve from Missoula today and taught us all about this great city!! He loves to hunt Elk and to fish the Clark Fork River!

Did you know that Missoula has a city wide read in once a year! This town loves to read and it shops up in their community! The Clark Fork River was filthy, so what did they do? Blame others? No! They cleaned it up as a group. They think on their feet. The river front is beautiful with sculptures and views that warm the heart. What a completely awesome town!

Journal:

Today I went to Missoula, MT. I went on a boat ride on the Clark Fork River. It was very interesting. I also got to see how the two rivers behave and what their natural habitat looks like.

(2)

Today I got out of bed and I got my skis. I got in my car that I got in Washington. It goes back to the car rental place when we back to Minnesota. I drove up the mountain. I saw the M above Missoula. When I got to the top of the mountain I got on my skis and flew down the mountain. After that I went to go bowling a little bit. I decided to go to the theater. I got Butterfingers, popcorn and Dr. Pepper. I saw "Marly and Me." I saw that Barb was there too.

(13)

Hi, it is me Barb Barinski. Today we learned about Missoula, Montana. Steve came to our class. He lives in Montana. It was so interesting, I almost filled in my note page. I only had three more lines to fill up.

(14)

One day I biked for 2 miles with Luke. We went to the shops and back.

(21)

Today we met a guy named Steve. He told us about the Clark Fork River. It sounds like fun to go fishing. He told me that one side is calm and one side is not calm.

(25)

I talked and talked and talked. People liked my questions. I said that you can have my poster. They all said thank you. There were a lot of questions. It was hard with all of these questions but I was OK. I told about Missoula, Montana. I told everything about my poster. I worked on the poster until 8:30.

(Steve)