Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cedar City, UT






We met Alexis in Cedar City today. They have quite the combination for adventure and fun. They have culture, national parks and many festivals. One of their most famous festivals is the Shakespeare Festival. A nickname for the town is "Festival City, USA."

Cedar City is a city located in Iron County, Utah, United States, 250 miles south of Salt Lake City on Interstate 15. It is the home of Southern Utah University, the Utah Shakespearean Festival, the Neil Simon Theatre Festival, Groovefest, the Utah Summer Games, and other events. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 20,527, estimated to be 23,983 by 2005

Journal:
Bryce Canyon National Park- Bryce Canyon has lots of red rocks and you can go hiking there. There are lots of national parks around Cedar City, Utah!

(10)

Today I got to to the fall colors festival. They dropped lots of colored confetti on everyone. I had brought a vacuum. I turned it on and sucked up a lot of confetti. When I got back to the campsite I put the vacuum in reverse and turned it on. Confetti flew wildly across the campsite. It was EXCITING!

(20)

Hello my name is Barb. Today we were in Cedar City, Utah. We met Alexis Heart. Did you know they had a Neil Simon thing? Did you know that theaters are very popular in Cedar City, UT. That is all, bye bye.

(14)

Today I went biking. I stopped to see the play Mac Beth. It was fabulous, in some parts it was really scary but for the most part it was great! They gave me some pasta but I ordered the pasta first. After that I got desert.

(13)

I went to the theaters to see Madagascar !! We got popcorn too. We went to see the movie. When we came in it was quiet. We were the first ones in their. It was fum. I was excited to see the movie.

(4)

Today I got out my pick axe. I started picking away. Before the day was over I had the tiniest bit of iron.

(20)

We were in Cedar City, Utah, the theaters are famous there and never knew the school was named The Thunderbirds. Sam O. and I went to the play and then me and Neal went to get ice cream, it was cool, literally.

(24)

Today we were in Cedar City, UT. I went to the theater to see Mac Beth and after that I went to the Thunderbirds Game. It was them vs. Minnesota. I cheered for the Gophers. Rah, Rah, Rah.

(18)

I am in Cedar City and I am going to Shakespear Festival. Cool, that was fun!

(7)