Thursday, February 5, 2009

Phoenix, AZ





What an awesome place! There is so much to do here! I think that I will go golfing at one of the 200 courses here this afternoon. No wonder this has become a major conference center for the US!

Phoenix is the capital and the most populous city of the U.S. state of Arizona and the county seat of Maricopa County, as well as being the largest state capital in the U.S. by population. It is located along the banks of the now normally dry Salt River. It was incorporated as a city on February 25, 1881. Residents of Phoenix are known as Phoenicians.

The city's estimated population as of 2006 was 1,512,986, making it the fifth largest city in the United States.

Journal:
Today Mr. E. and I went to the Grand Canyon. We watched a movie about how the Grand Canyon was formed.

(20)

Phoenix, AZ
Phew! What a hot city. Talk about humid outside! A water cooler. Oh my gosh! Heaven! I am thankful for this!

(18)