Tuesday, February 24, 2009

St. Louis, MO





"The home of the Blues, BBQ, Gateway Arch, the Cardinals, the Oregon Trail and Westward Expansion!'

Wow talk about history and lessons. From early settlers to the worlds fair and the Gateway Arch, this town has it all!

We danced to Chuck Berry music!

St. Louis is an independent city in the U.S. state of Missouri. It is bordered by the Mississippi River on the east and by St. Louis County on the north, south, and west. St. Louis is the largest metropolitan area in Missouri. Sometimes written as Saint Louis, the city is named for King Louis IX of France. St. Louis is known for its French and German heritage and Victorian past. Two events at the beginning of the 20th century, the 1904 World's Fair and 1904 Olympic Games (the first ever held in the United States) are of particular pride to St. Louisans. In the 21st century, St. Louis has transformed from a manufacturing and industrial economy into a globally known focus for research in medicine, biotechnology, and other sciences.

Journal:

Today we met Emma, just like me. She taught us about the Gateway Arch. She is 36.

(16)

Today in St. Louis Kory and I were at the Gateway Arch. We saw a skydiver jumping off.

(18)

Today I found this black hole in the ground. Then suddenly... to be continued in next #20

I flew up into the air. When I came back down I dug up the cylinder thing. It was a cannon.

(20)

Today we met Emma. It was fum. Sam O. and Kory and I biked 20 miles. When we got back, Kory and Sam O. didn't want to ride so I rode 20 miles again. It was fum. Avery and I watched the Cardinals vs. Twins. It was fum.

(21)

Today I got 29 Cardinal tickets. I want to go to the stadium. I got $500.28. After that I bought 29 Coca Cola bottles for all 27 of us. I went to see the blues. I saw Chuck Berry.

(13)