Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Minneapolis, MN



Man oh man is there a lot to be proud of and do in the Twin Cities! The history is amazing and the variety of things to do could keep you going every day for a year!!!!

Minneapolis is the largest city in the U.S. state of Minnesota and is the county seat of Hennepin County. The city lies on both banks of the Mississippi River, just north of the river's confluence with the Minnesota River, and adjoins Saint Paul, the state's capital. Known as the Twin Cities, these two cities form the core of Minneapolis-St. Paul, the fifteenth largest metropolitan area in the United States, with about 3.5 million residents. The U.S. Census Bureau estimated the population of the city of Minneapolis at 372,811 people in 2005. The Metropolitan Council estimate for 2006 was 387,970.

Abundantly rich in water, the city has twenty lakes and wetlands, the Mississippi riverfront, creeks and waterfalls, many connected by parkways in the Chain of Lakes and the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway. Minneapolis was once the world's flour milling capital and a hub for timber, and today is the primary business center between Chicago, Illinois, and Seattle, Washington. America's most literate city, Minneapolis builds cultural organizations that draw creative people and audiences to Minneapolis for theater, visual art, writing and music. The community's diverse population has a long tradition of charitable support through progressive public social programs and through private and corporate philanthropy.

Jopurnal:
Today Gavin, Luke, Taylor, Noah and I had fum because I accidently fell off my bike. We all told jokes on our ride every time we saw an animal. One day I biked six miles.
(21)

Today we met Lena Olson. She told us facts about Minneapolis. Did you know that Minnesota leads the country in bike trails? She told us so much I used two pages.

Today I went to Fort Snelling with Luke the Man. I shot down all the bad wooden soldiers with the cannon. Then Luke tried, he shot down all the good wooden soldiers. I said, Oh Luke.

Today I went to Elm Creek with Luke. We raced to where we put the checkered flag. Luke won but it was fun.

(20)

Today we were in Minneapolis, my home state. The best part was I went to visit my family in Champlin. It was such a nice day and time. Everything was normal and my dog was noddy. Today I went to the Mississippi Mile, it was fum! Today I went to Elm Creek tubing. WHOA! These are some steep hills. Here I go again, WHOAAAAA!

(18)

Today we saw Lena Olson. She kept on talking and talking, she reminded me of Mr. E. Then it was time for her to go. She looked a LOT like me.

(1)

Yesterday me and Mr. E. went to Valley Fair. We went on all of the rides. We were going to get some soda, I said to Neil, I don't have any money Neil. He gave me some of his money. I said, Thank you Neil. We both got sodas. It was fum!

Today Neil and I went to underwater world. I touched a sting rays tail. I got zapped and so did Neil. Somebody brought us to the hospital. We woke up and then we saw lots of dead fish on the wall. We fainted and woke up after that. We had medicine and stayed in the hospital for 10 hours. Our moms and dads were scared. We went back home but we were still sick. After that we took a big gulp of medicine. We got better.

(10)

Kory and I went to Mall of America. I went on every ride, so did Kory. The first ride I went on was the Sponge Bob One. When I was done I just thought of that. We ate lunch right before I went on the roller coaster. I should have let my belly settle. Then we went to the Viking's game. They won. I said, Tomorrow is another day. First thing in the morning we will go fishing Kory.
(24)

Today we met a girl named Lena Olson. She told us about the Springbrook Nature Center and the Bald Eagle!!!

(26)

When we were at the sculpture gardens. I thought it would be fun to clmb the cherry and the spoon. So I tried it. Unfortunatly it did not work out. The security chased me out. I did not try that again when I went again.

(2)