Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicago, IL






We met Windy from Chicago today and she showed us just what a great town this is! Man, talk about a lot to do and a fascinating history!! What a place!

Chicago, is the largest city in the state of Illinois and the largest in the Midwest. With its population of over 2.8 million people located almost entirely in Cook County Chicago is the third largest city in the United States. The population of Chicago's metropolitan area, which extends over several counties, contains over 9.7 million people in Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, making it the third largest metropolitan area in the U.S. Rich in history and renowned for its innovative and influential architecture, Chicago is classified as an alpha world city.

Located at the site of a portage between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River watershed, Chicago was incorporated as a city in 1837. It rapidly became a major transportation hub, as well as the business, financial, and cultural capital of the Midwest.

Journal:

On my trip to Chicago I did a lot of things. I went shopping at Miracle Mile. Then I went to see the filed museum. Next I went to the art gallery, the pictures were amazing! Next I went to the Wrigley Stadium to see the Cubs. I said, "Go Cubs, it is your birthday, we are going to party like it is your birthday!" (I think Wrigley feels like a party.)

(6)

Today we met a girl named Windy. She goes with "The Windy City." She told us about the Field Museum and the modern art sculptures. Sue the dinosaur was at the Field Museum!

(25)

Today Kory and I biked 6 miles on the way back, Kory and I had a race. Kory won, it was fun. Today I biked to the Wrigley gum factory. I fell in the mixer. Logan, Sam O., Avery and I had to chew it. It was not fun for me. I was sticky. Luke and I laughed. I wanted to go to the car wash. It was fum. I was wet.

(21)

Today we were in Chicago, Illinois. We met Windy, she was in Wrigley Family. If you don't know who they are they make chewing gum!

(14)

Today I went to the Navy Pier Bridge. First I went on the farris wheel. Then I got a tour on a little boat. I picked up some hot dogs for $150.20. Then I went to get some Wrigley to content me.

Today I went to the Wrigley Gum Factory. I got a lot of gum. Then I biked on the beach. It was great. Then I got a tour of the Sears Tower. It was amazing. Then I went to an art gallery. Then I went to the grocery store. To buy some food. Then I went to Kohls to buy some new clothes.

(13)

Today I got hired to work at the Miracle Mile. First I drove out to get stock. I drove to the warehouse. I came back with a truckload of stock. Demand was big that day and I earned $200. I bought 2EE all new cassettes (gears)!

I had $100 left so I bought 2EE all new brakes.

(20)

Chicago Illinois, Today when we were in Chicago Kory and I were biking and not paying attention to the road. So we biked into the factory and hit someone. We rode right into the gum and the worker did to. The End

(18)

Today I went to the Wrigley factory and I saw Logan fall in. When were back in the campsite it smelled like gum. I saw Windy Wrigley working there.

(16)

At the campsite Cec, JR, Katybug, AA and I (KS) were making breakfast at 5:30 AM. We saw a lion acting like a dog. We were making toad in the hole. It was cold.

(23)

I went to the chewing gum factory. I bought 50 packs. I bought the most packs or gum. I chewed 7 packs in one day.

(24)