Thursday, February 19, 2009

Madison, WI






What an awesome city!! Man would this be a great place to go to college. Part of its beauty is that it is built on an isthmus! State street is a fun place to visit. We learned all about the U of W and their rivalry with the U of M. We also learned that the Gophers have not had the Paul Bunyan's Axe for quite some time.

Madison also has a rich cycling history with the Heidens' and the Phinney's.

Madison is the capital of the U.S. state of Wisconsin and the county seat of Dane County. It is also home to the University of Wisconsin–Madison.

The 2006 population estimate of Madison was 223,389, making it the second largest city in Wisconsin, after Milwaukee, and the 82nd largest in the United States. The city forms the core of the United States Census Bureau's Madison Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes all of Dane County and neighboring Iowa and Columbia counties. The Madison MSA had a 2006 estimated population of 543,022, and is one of the fastest-growing in Wisconsin.

Journal

One day I went to the Mall of America. I went on the Pepsi ride. It was fum. When it was done we went to Lego Land. I went into to a cool place. I was surprised by all the Legos.

(4)

Today in Madison, Wisconsin I went to see the Gophers lose again to the Badgers. I went to the Gophers game and to my surprise they won.

(18)

Luke and I went biking it wasn't fum. Luke threw my bike at my head. Luke, Taylor and I went to see the Gophers game. I saw Sam M. The Gophers won. They played the Badgers. Sam M. and I snuck out of the Gopher's Game. Then we biked 6 miles. Sam and I were happy. Luke and Taylor are still at the game. Sam and I biked to the ice cream shop. Sam and I had some ice cream. It was fum. Luke and I are happy but oh well. We biked two miles and it was fun.

(21)

Hi its me, it is Barbarinski. Today we were in Madison and we met Madison. It was Emma's cousin and they looked like twins.

(14)

We met Madison from Madison, Wisconsin. She was really nice. She talked about the state capital and the Golden Gophers vs. Wisconsin.

(15)

Today we met Madison from Madison. She was very funny. She is Emma's sister. She told us about famous people and history. It was awesome.

(8)

Today we were in Madison, Wisconsin. We learned about Vinne Ream. DO you know who he is? We learned about speed skating. I would do speed skating. I would be first.

(26)